Saturday, July 9, 2011

Quick Update

In another twist of fate, when I got home last night I saw where I had an email stating that adoptions for 'the list' of special needs  would remain open during this time while things are being overhauled in country.  This doesn't totally affect our adoption at this point but it is wonderful news for the families who will get to bring home their children in a few weeks instead of several months.  For us it means in order for our file to be submitted, his special need must be on the list.  Wouldn't you know osteochondrodisplasia IS on the list.  It's a Q77 and osteogenesisimperfecta is a Q78 and NOT on the list.  UuuuuGGGG!  So frustrating!  His SN is probably more severe than the one that made the list.  I don't know how they pick and choose.  I just hope and pray someone is there advocating for him.  Things have been crazy.  I'm just so thankful for good news coming to those who are so close.  Keep praying.  Surely there's another miracle that has yet to unfold!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am praying for your precious little one.

Anna (Libby's Mom)

Tammy said...

I just know it will all work out, and I know you wont give up. Your tenacity astounds me.

I cant imagine what kind of faith you must have because it has been tested over and over again. First with Chloe and Chi and now with Josiah. There's definately a greater good in all of this if for no other reason then to give you the kind of faith that moves mountains.

Anonymous said...

I will continue to hope that all our hard work was not in vain. I will pray they add his special need to the list. Any way to get the doctor to re-evaluate and give him a different diagnosis? I will continue to pray that little Josiah makes it to his forever home soon. We will not give up hope yet. God Bless.